What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

1 Samuel 2:10

"God will set things right all over the earth,
he'll give strength to his king,
he'll set his anointed on top of the world!"
1 Samuel 2:10 (The Message)

Who is Hannah talking about? King? What king? God hadn't appointed anyone king over Israel yet. So, who could Hannah possibly be referring to? The Messiah, of course! This verse is Messianic. It directly points to the coming of The King. 

Did this King do what the Israelites thought He was going to do? No. They thought He was going to ride in and destroy their enemies.When, what He does is destroys God's enemy. When Jesus came, He set things right all over the earth. Is there still sin? Yes. God gives us free will and as humans, we are going to sin. But, God's understanding of setting things right isn't our own understanding. 

Jesus set things right because He brought us back into relationship with God. His sacrifice wipes us clean of our own sin - if we believe that He truly is the Messiah who did this for us. Yes, bad things will still happen... horrible things, in fact. But, God set things right by bringing us a bridge to cross the great chasm - the bridge being Jesus. 

Because Jesus is God, in human form, He has God's strength. Even when he was here on earth, Jesus had incredible strength! Again, not the way the Israelites imagined. Remember, they thought the Messiah would free them from their human oppressors. That he would show his amazing strength and wipe their enemies from the face of the earth. Instead, Jesus showed incredible strength by taking a beating that would kill most of us and then being hung on a cross. I believe that, at any time, Jesus could have stopped it all from happening. That his legions of angels could have come down and attacked those who were abusing the Messiah. But, in His incredible strength, He accepted the punishment that was rightfully ours. He suffered horribly in our place - never once asking his abusers to stop. Taking our punishment with silent lips. Can you imagine the strength that must have taken?! 

God's annointed, Jesus Christ, will come again. And when he does, he will be set on top of the world! ALL creatures, ALL people - every tongue, every nation - will see that Jesus Christ is THE MESSIAH. They will bow down to Him. For some, it will be too late. What about you? Will you be caught up with Christ on that day? Or will you be one whom He denies knowing? If you don't want to be one that is denied - if you want what Jesus has to offer: eternal life with Him and forgiveness of all your sins, all you have to do is ask. If you don't know what to say, here's a prayer that you can pray:

Dear God,
I admit that I am a sinner in need of a Savior. I have tried 
living my life my way but I now know that I need You to guide 
me. Please forgive me of my sins [if you'd like to, list some here]. 
I want the freedom that a life with Christ can bring me. I believe 
that Jesus died on the cross for my sins. I believe he rose again. 
I want to live with him in eternity. Thank you for forgiving me. 
Thank you for sending your Son, Jesus Christ, for me. 
In His name I pray. Amen. 

If you just prayed this prayer, please leave me a comment. I would love to pray for you as you begin your journey with the Lord. I encourage you to contact a local Christian church in your area. You can also read this article at Focus on the Family for more information as to what to do next. You may also contact them and they can help you as you begin your walk with God. I encourage you to get yourself a Bible and start to read it. The Book of Romans or the Book of Mark are great places to start. If you don't have the money for a Bible, please contact The Gideons and I'm sure they would love to give you a free Bible. (This is the group who provides Bibles in hotel rooms.) May the Lord bless you as you begin your new life with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment