What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Psalm 52:9, Psalm 54:1-2; Psalm 55:6-8

"I thank you always
that you went into action.
And I'll stay right here, 
your good name my hope,
in company with your faithful friends."
Psalm 52:9 (The Message)

God did go into action today! We had a very important meeting this afternoon that I have been stressing about for about a couple weeks now. All the signs pointed to a positive outcome, but you know how Satan loves to wreak havoc on our thoughts! My mind felt like it was spinning out of control!

We had hundreds of people praying for truth to prevail. Yesterday, I was reading in Psalms and read this:

"God, for your sake, help me!
Use your influence to clear me.
Listen God - I'm desperate.
Don't be too busy to hear me."
Psalm 54:1-2 (The Message)

How I clung to this passage today! My anxiety level was through the roof - I felt like I was going to pass out all day due to being unable to breathe. But, I just kept repeating this verse and remembering how many people were praying for us and for truth. 

God heard our prayers and answered them in a mighty way! I have hope for the future. And now I'm ready for what Psalm 55 talks about:

"I want some peace and quiet. 
I want a walk in the country,
I want a cabin in the woods.
I'm desperate for a change 
from rage and stormy weather."
Psalm 55:6-8 (The Message)

I know having kids who are teens/pre-teen means there will still be times of stormy weather. Shoot, just life itself brings some pretty nasty weather! But, I also know that:

"When I call to God;
God will help me.
At dusk, dawn, and noon I sigh
deep sighs - he hears, he rescues.
My life is well and whole, secure 
in the middle of danger..."
Psalm 55:16-18a (The Message)

I trust in God to get my family through anything the future holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment