What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Luke 1:78-79

"Through the heartfelt mercies of our God, 
God's Sunrise will break in upon us,
Shining on those in the darkness,
Those sitting in the shadow of death,
Then showing us the way, one foot at a time,
Down the path of peace."
Luke 1:78-79 (The Message)

What a beautiful picture of Jesus! "God's Sunrise". Given to us by God's tender mercy. Are you in the dark? Are you sitting in the shadow of death? Close your eyes and picture God's Sunrise, breaking through the clouds. Lift up your face to Heaven and feel the warmth of Jesus shining down on you. He is there. He is reaching out for you. And He will show you the way, "one foot at a time", guiding you "down the path of peace". 

Oh God,
When the darkness begins to take over, I lift my face to Jesus, 
living in the hope that you will rescue me. Carry me now, Lord God. 
The darkness can seem so strong - so powerful. But Lord... 
you are always stronger than the darkness. 
When I bring my pain into Your Light, 
you will work and bring me peace. 
Guide me now and always, one foot a time. 
In Jesus' radiant name I pray. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment