What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Proverbs 14:25

"Souls are saved by truthful witness
and betrayed by the spread of lies."
Proverbs 14:25 (The Message)

We have some pretty scary stuff happening in our lives right now. I'm not at liberty to share what it is at this time, but suffice it to say - my anxiety level has been through the roof and I feel frozen. Despite how I've been feeling, you know what brings me joy? The fact that, in my anxiety and fear, I can turn to the Bible and the Lord touches me with what I read. 

Is the Bible relevant today? Oh! You better believe it, friends! And I am praying that my husband and I are saved by truthful witness on Friday. Everything is out of my hands. I turned to an organization for help and I am going to trust that they will help. That all this fear and anxiety will be worked out for good. That the Lord is working in this and we will get the help we need. What more can I do? God is in control and His will, will be done. Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment