What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Proverbs 10:8

"A wise heart takes orders; an empty head will come unglued." 
Proverbs 10:8 (The Message)

Ok, so it's true confession time. I am a person filled with pride. Not in all things. In fact, if you were to ask my therapist she'd say, "Jen? Prideful? She needs to think 'higher' of herself!" But, there is one area, in specific, where I really suffer with pride. And that area is taking orders. I become like an empty-headed teenager when someone tells me what to do. It'd be comical if it wasn't so horrible. 

Just today, I was already going to do something, but when someone told me to do the exact same thing I was already going to do - and not in a demanding way, but in a "let me ask you nicely" way - my teenage rebellious side kicked in and I found myself getting grouchy and wanting to snap back, "No! I'm not going to do that now that you asked me to!" 

Seriously!? What's that all about?! 

I often feel like the child in the book "Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle" who says, "I'm doing it because I want to, not because you told me to!" 

*sigh*

Yes, I still have a long ways to go before I am mature... Oh Lord, give me a wise heart that is able to accept correction and direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment