What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Proverbs 1:33, 2:2-7a

"First pay attention to me [Lady Wisdom], and then relax. 
Now you can take it easy - you're in good hands." 
Proverbs 1:33 (The Message)

Ahhhh... and who wouldn't want to be able to relax and take it easy? 


"Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. 
Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. 
Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures. 
Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, 
and you will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants wisdom! 
From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. 
He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest...." 
Proverbs 2:2-7a (NLT)

I love the image I get in my mind when I read these verses. If I ask for wisdom, God will grant it to me. And when he grants it to me, I can relax! I can take it easy and know that God's got it all under control. I don't have to try to FIX everything. God's got it covered! I don't have to be perfect, in the world's eyes. God's got me covered. I don't have to worry about what's going to happen tomorrow. God already knows and he's got it covered! I can relax! I can let go of my worries because God's got me in the palm of his great hand and...

say it with me...

"GOD'S GOT IT COVERED!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment