What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Psalm 56:3-4

"When I get really afraid I come to you in trust. 
I'm proud to praise God; fearless now, 
I trust in God. What can mere mortals do?" 
Psalm 56:3-4 (The Message)

Like verse 4 says, "I'm proud to praise God." I used to be a quiet Christian. I think most of my friends growing up knew I went to church and that I believed in Jesus, but I didn't share my faith with people like I am today. I can't say I was ever 'embarrassed' to be Christian, but I certainly didn't praise God openly. Today, I'm not afraid to do this. If it causes me to lose friends, so be it. The only One who truly matters is God anyway. And I'm "fearless" when it comes to people - they might lie about me, they might physically hurt me or kill me, but they cannot take away my eternal life with Jesus. 

I put "fearless" in parenthesis because, for the most part, I am fearless when it comes to people. I'm not foolish however. I won't go walking down the street at night without my dog or my husband. I'm not going to go walking through the rougher parts of town alone. I'm not going to do foolish things that could get me hurt. Yes, I trust in God, but he also calls me to protect my life. (See my blog post from Feb. 12 regarding this statement.) 

Does fearless mean I don't get hurt - emotionally or physically? No. But, when I do get hurt, I continue to trust God because he will get me through whatever comes my way. And I will no longer be silent about my praise to the Lord. He has done marvelous things in my life and he deserves honor and praise for those things! This is why I share these thoughts with you all. To, not only share my testimony with people, but to be able to publicly give God glory. Everything I have, the person I am today, is all because of God's work he's doing within me. I can take no credit because prior to this, I didn't even want God in my life. He's the One who kept whispering to me to come back to him. And I praise Him for never giving up on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment