What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Deuteronomy 4:9

"Just make sure you stay alert. Keep close watch over 
yourselves. Don't forget anything of what you've seen. 
Don't let your heart wander off. Stay vigilant as long as you live. 
Teach what you've seen and heard to your children 
and grandchildren." 
Deuteronomy 4:9 (The Message)

Vigilant:  alertly watchful especially to avoid danger 

I have not always been vigilant in my life. Oh, I'm on alert when I go shopping at night. When I go for walks, I take our dog with me. I don't go into the neighborhood that's close to us where there's a sexual offender unless my husband is with me. I'm vigilant to the physical dangers in this world, but I haven't always been vigilant with the spiritual dangers in this world. 

I have let my guard down numerous times and guess what happens each and every time? The Enemy gets a hold of me or someone in my family and all hell breaks loose. I have less patience and tolerance for the kids' noise level. My husband I become distant. My kids fight and bicker. My kids get mouthy with us. They lie. And worst of all, we ALL feel distant from the Lord. 


I have begun doing regular home-blessings. Not the kind that FlyLady talks about, but the spiritual kind. Praying over all the rooms in our home. Anointing openings to our home with oil. Laying hands on my family members and praying - usually while they're sleeping. Praying over my husband while he's sleeping. Binding Satan and replacing his presence with the presence of the Holy Spirit. And I've seen a bit of a difference in how my family interacts with each other. Not drastic changes, by any means, but God's gentle touch is definitely moving in our lives. And I plan to teach all this to my children as we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment