What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Proverbs 11:25

"The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; 
those who help others are helped." 
Proverbs 11:25 (The Message) 

I cannot stress enough how true this is!

Recently, I saw a homeless widow sitting in the grocery store parking lot. I called my boys and told them to pack a lunch. They asked why, so I told them I wanted to bless a homeless widow I saw. When I arrived home, I was blown away by how much food they had packed! 4 different kinds of fruit, yogurt, pudding, a huge ham sandwich, some cookies, some veggies and a water bottle. But, you know what I loved the most? That my oldest son put in one of his favorite little pocket Bibles for her. 
We hopped in the car to go take it to her, praying the whole way there that hadn't left. She was still there. And it was such a joy to see that a man had stopped by and was reading to her from his Bible and praying with her. The boys and I walked up and gave her the food and the man put his hand on her shoulder and said, "See? The Lord is already providing for you!" She gave the boys and myself a hug and then we held hands and prayed for her. The gentleman wrote his phone # in the Bible my son gave her and said if she needed a place to stay, he had room and it was just him and his wife. 

What an amazing time that was! And I firmly believe it blessed my boys and I so much more than she was blessed! It left a lasting impression on my oldest son. My youngest son has some special needs, so he didn't quite get what was going on. We got in the car and he was sad that he didn't get to share the meal with her. But, I know a seed was planted in his heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment