What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Psalm 40:1-3

"I waited and waited and waited for God. At last he looked; 
finally he listened. He lifted me out of the ditch, 
pulled me from deep mud. He stood me up on a solid rock 
to make sure I wouldn't slip. He taught me how to 
sing the latest God-song, a praise-song to our God. 
More and more people are seeing this: they enter the mystery, 
abandoning themselves to God." 
Psalm 40:1-3 (The Message)

If you've been reading this blog, you'll probably notice that I just recently did a blog post on this passage. But, the Lord brought me back to this passage today as I think of a friend who is soon to be going home to be with the Lord, leaving behind extended family, a dear husband and two darling little boys. As I read this passage tonight, the Lord placed a vision in my head of Him taking Sandy when it's time for her to go, standing her up on a solid rock in Heaven and teaching her a praise song to Him. I saw her surrounded by an army of angels all praising God together, with Sandy. And I am praying that more and more people abandon themselves to God because of her life and because of the peace her family has during this time.  

My dear friend, Sandy: May the Lord bless you and keep you. May he make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May he look upon you with favor and give you peace. In the mighty name of Jesus - Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment