What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Proverbs 19:2

"People ruin their lives by their own stupidity, 
so why does God always get blamed?" 
Proverbs 19:2 (The Message)

So many people - myself included - blame God when we try to live life our way and it flops. Many of those people don't even claim to believe in God, yet HE gets the blame when things go wrong. I was guilty of this in the past during times when I questioned my faith. If things were going ok in my life, it was because "I" was in control. But, when things got difficult... oh my! Was I gettin' on God's case for it! 

Funny how we humans are so quick to blame God for the bad stuff, but not "blame" him for the good stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment