What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Leviticus 26:11-12

"I'll be your God; you'll be my people. I am God, 
your personal God who rescued you...
I ripped off the harness of your slavery so that you 
can move about freely."
Leviticus 26:11-12 (The Message)
God was to be our PERSONAL God. Not just some 'off-in-the-distance' God, but a God who KNOWS us. A God whom WE can know. He is our rescuer. He is the one who allows us to be free. So many people think Christians are slaves to God. That we don't have any fun or we don't have any freedom, but the opposite is true. It is BECAUSE of Christ that I am set free! It is IN Christ that I can live as a free woman! I am no longer a slave to my sin. Yes, I still sin on a daily basis - but I have forgiveness for my sins, which makes me more free than I've ever been! Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment