What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Matthew 9:12-13

One of my favorites - after the Pharisees judged Jesus for hanging out with sinners, Jesus said, 

"Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? Go figure out 
what this Scripture means: 
'I'm after mercy, not religion.' I'm here to invite outsiders, 
not coddle insiders." 
Matthew 9:12-13 (The Message) 

God wants to show us mercy. He doesn't care about how well we practice our religion. He wants us to reach out to the lost of this world, not just make the Christians in our own churches feel better. Man - I love this passage!

No comments:

Post a Comment