What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Matthew 15:32-34

"But Jesus wasn't finished with them. He called his disciples and said, 
'I hurt for these people. For three days now they've been with me, 
and now they have nothing to eat. I can't send thema way without 
a meal - they'd probably collapse on the road.'His disciples said, 
'But, where in this deserted place are you going to dig up enough 
food for a meal?'

Jesus asked, 'How much bread do you have?'

'Seven loaves,' they said, 'plus a few fish.'" 

Matthew 15:32-34 (The Message)

Something that makes me chuckle. AFTER Jesus had already fed the thousands with 5 loaves and 2 fish, the disciples later asked Jesus how they would feed over 4,000 people when all they had was 7 loaves and a few fish. Seriously? Did they really forget what Jesus had done in the past that soon? 

Huh... how many times do WE forget what Jesus has done for us extremely soon after the fact? Words to chew on... (My thoughts from Matthew 15:32-34 The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment