What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Proverbs 15 (select verses)

"A gentle response defuses anger, but a sharp 
tongue kindles a temper-fire." 
Proverbs 15:1 (The Message)

"Kind words heal and help; 
cutting words wound and main." 
Proverbs 15:4 (The Message)

"Hot tempers start fights; a calm, 
cool spirit keeps the peace." 
Proverbs 15:18 (The Message)

I'm learning this with my teen daughter. If I REACT to her reactions, oh boy - can a battle of wills be fought! But, if I RESPOND gently to her reactions, it cuts back on her negative responses as well. Sometimes it stinks to have to be the more mature one... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment