What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Proverbs 18:10, 19, 24

"God's name is a place of protection - 
good people can run there and be safe." 
Proverbs 18:10 (The Message)

Just saying the name of God in my mind can calm my spirit and ease any anxiety.


"Words kill, words give life; they're either poison 
or fruit - you choose." 
Proverbs 18:19 (The Message)

Something I really have to watch is my tongue. It is definitely a powerful tool of the spirit that can wreak so much havoc or bring so much joy!

"Friends come and friends go, but a true friend 
sticks by you like family." 
Proverbs 18:24 (The Message) 

I am so blessed to have so many TRUE friends! Friends who are as close as sisters to me in so many ways! (Brothers too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment