What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Exodus 14:13-14

HAHA! I love Moses' reaction to the Israelites when they were freaking out because the Egyptians were following them after they were finally allowed to leave. In The Message is says: 
"Don't be afraid. Stand firm and watch God do his work of salvation for you today.
Take a good look at the Egyptians today for you're never going to see them again.
[This is the best part...] God will fight the battle for you. And you? You keep your mouths shut!" Exodus 14:13-14
Isn't that awesome?! Yeah.. sometimes God has to tell me to keep my mouth shut too...

No comments:

Post a Comment