What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Psalm 37:39-40


"The spacious, free life is from God, it's also protected and safe. 
God-strengthened, we're delivered from evil - when we run to Him, 
He saves us." 
Psalm 37:39-40 (The Message)

So many people say I'm not free because I'm a Christian. They are so wrong! I have so much freedom as a believer! Yes, there are some things I won't do because they go against my belief in Jesus, but I don't do them because I think I'll go to hell if I do. I don't do them because I don't NEED to do them. Those things don't bring me joy. 
I'm not talking about happiness, which is contingent upon what I have or what I get. I'm talking about pure joy that is contingent upon one thing and one thing only... Knowing that my God loves me and that I will be with Him for eternity. Nothing else matters! I can have joy even in the midst of sorrow. But I've never felt "happy" when bad things happen. I AM free!

No comments:

Post a Comment