What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Proverbs 16:6

"Guilt is banished through love and truth; 
Fear-of-God deflects evil." 
Proverbs 16:6 (The Message)

This reminds me of something someone very dear has had to tell me over and over again: "You cannot parent out of guilt. Use your guilt to convict you, seek forgiveness and then change, if change is needed. But, forgive yourself or it will only get worse." 

I think this can be said for any relationship that we have with anyone. Let go of guilt. It gets us nowhere. This doesn't mean we shouldn't feel CONVICTION. Conviction motivates us to make it right and change. Guilt just keeps us stuck in the same behaviors. If we believe the Evil One, we will stay stuck in that guilt-thinking of "I can't change." or "I'm a horrible mother." or "I stink at marriage." But, if we believe the Truth and if we accept the Love that God has for us... well, then we KNOW we are set free from guilt! Just admit your wrongdoing and then ask God to help you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment