What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Matthew 20:1-16

A twist on the Parable of the Vineyard Workers found in Matthew 20:1-16 (I'm not going to write it all out today). 

This parable talks about the last workers to be hired at the end of the day getting paid the same amount as the workers who were hired at the beginning of the day. Something clicked as I was reading this. What if this isn't just a parable about the last being first and the first being last? What if it's also God telling people that even if they accept Christ later in their lives - or even on their deathbeds, that they WILL have just as good a place in heaven as those who accepted Christ as children/teens/young adults? It could be a message to people that even in your old age, you can come to have a relationship with Christ. That there's a place for you in Heaven even if you waited until last minute.

Hmmm... makes me wonder...

I just looked up the passage in Matthew in my husband's Life Application Bible and in the notes it talks about this same thing. And it appears I was right - that this passage IS about people who accept Christ later in life. I love when I have my eyes opened about something in the Word! :-)

If you're not a follower of Christ, please accept him today. Don't wait. He loves you and wants to be in relationship with you. It is as easy as praying this:


Dear God,
I admit that I am a sinner in need of a Savior. I have tried 
living my life my way but I now know that I need You to guide 
me. Please forgive me of my sins [if you'd like to, list some here]. 
I want the freedom that a life with Christ can bring me. I believe 
that Jesus died on the cross for my sins. I believe he rose again. 
I want to live with him in eternity. Thank you for forgiving me. 
Thank you for sending your Son, Jesus Christ, for me. 
In His name I pray. Amen.

If you just prayed this prayer, please leave me a comment. I would love to pray for you as you begin your journey with the Lord. I encourage you to contact a local Christian church in your area. You can also read this article at Focus on the Family for more information as to what to do next. You may also contact them and they can help you as you begin your walk with God. I encourage you to get yourself a Bible and start to read it. The Book of Romans or the Book of Mark are great places to start. If you don't have the money for a Bible, please contact The Gideons and I'm sure they would love to give you a free Bible. (This is the group who provides Bibles in hotel rooms.) May the Lord bless you as you begin your new life with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment