What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Proverbs 14:21

"It's criminal to ignore a neighbor in need, 
but compassion for the poor - what a blessing!" 
Proverbs 14:21 (The Message) 
This verse is one I'm trying to live out and trying to teach my children. I think they're getting it and I LOVE seeing that! I've mentioned this before, but it brings tears to my eyes to remember it again... The other day, my boys made a HUGE meal for a homeless widow we saw sitting by the grocery store. They gave her a hug, the food and a Bible and then we all prayed with her. It was an amazing experience for them to actually LIVE out what this verse and so many others in the Bible talks about!

No comments:

Post a Comment