What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Psalm 41:12

"You know me inside and out, you hold me together, 
you never fail to stand me tall in your 
presence so I can look you in the eye." 
Psalm 41:12 (The Message)

It used to freak me out that God knew me inside and out. "He knows my thoughts?!" I had every reason to be freaked out! My thoughts weren't (and still aren't) all that great! Today, it comforts me to know that he knows me so well. There are times I don't know what I even need - but God knows. All I have to do is sit in his presence and I know that I'll be okay. 

And because he knows me so well, I don't have to try to keep anything from him. Let me tell ya - it takes a lot of effort to try to hide things from God! And it's all pointless because he knows it before I even do! It's craziness! LOL 

In all seriousness though, God does know me. And despite knowing every dark thought, every negative deed, he still loves me. He accepts me because I've accepted Jesus. He wipes my slate clean so that I CAN stand before him. Without Jesus, I wouldn't have a chance! But, with Jesus, I am no better or worse than the next person. And because of Jesus, I can go to the Throne of Grace and he will meet me there, accept me and wrap me in his powerful arms. 

Because of Jesus' love for me, I can stand before the Father unashamed! There is no greater gift in Heaven or on Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment