What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Psalm 39:1

I'm having a bad morning due to a bad attitude from one of my kids. So, I decided to read from Psalms and what do I read?

"I'm determined to watch steps and tongue so they won't land me in trouble. 
I decided to hold my tongue as long as Wicked is in the room. 'Mum's the word,' 
I said, and kept quiet. But the longer I kept silence the worse it got - my insides 
hotter and hotter. My thoughts boiled over, I spilled my guts." 
Psalm 39:1 (The Message)

This description is so accurate! The more I hold my tongue, the more I just want to spew my thoughts out for the world to hear - or at least for the child who's giving me trouble to hear. I'm not one who can hold her tongue very easily. I come from a family who knows how to have a good verbal fight. When I'm angry or hurt, I can usually speak my mind quite "well". But, in this instance, speaking my mind is only going to make things worse. The thing that this dear child of mine is upset about is so minute that it's not worth me saying anything more about. However, since I'm holding my tongue, my insides are burning up. 
There is a release for this. One that won't hurt anyone or cause me to need to make amends. That is releasing it all to God. Time to go pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment