What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mark 1:7-8

John the Baptist said the following as he was baptizing people in 
the Jordan River: "The real action comes next: The star in this 
drama, to whom I'm a mere stagehand, will change your life. 
I'm baptizing you here in the river, turning your  old life in for 
a kingdom life. His baptism - a holy baptism by the Holy 
Spirit - will change you from the inside out." 
Mark 1:7-8 (The Message)

And he really will change you from the inside out! In magnificent ways! Not in boring, dull ways! My life today is filled with so much joy! Sure, I have painful times, even gut-wrenching times, but in the midst of it all, I have total joy knowing that this is all temporary. 
Sure, I make mistakes - sometimes dreadful mistakes that cause me incredible angst - but, I can seek forgiveness and know I am forgiven (sometimes it's really difficult to forgive myself, though). God has made incredible changes in my heart in the past couple of years. I am not the same person I was 3 yrs ago. I am nowhere near perfect, but I am most definitely forgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment