What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Psalm 32:1-5, 11

"Count yourself lucky, how happy you must be - you get a fresh start, 
your slate's wiped clean. Count yourself lucky - God holds nothing 
against you and you're holding nothing back from him. When I kept 
it all inside, my bones turned to powder, my words became daylong 
groans. The pressure never let up; all the juices of life dried up. 
Then I let it all out; I said, 'I'll make a clean breast of my 
failures to God.' Suddenly the pressure was gone - my guilt dissolved, 
my sin disappeared... Celebrate God. Sing together - everyone! 
All you honest hearts, raise the roof!" 
Psalm 32:1-5; 11 (The Message)

When we don't confess - not only our sins, but also our thoughts & feelings to God, we can become bitter and that's what I was becoming a few years ago. An angry, bitter woman who couldn't even look at my Bible, let alone sit happily through church. When I finally confessed how I was feeling - the ANGER I was feeling towards God (I mean, he already KNEW what I was feeling! Why not just TELL him myself?) the dam broke. The weight on my shoulders was lifted and all the guilt I was carrying for feeling the way I did dissolved. And I was able to sing again. :-) Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment