What is "Building A House"?


"Building A House" is a blog about my journey back to God. The name comes from Proverbs 24:3-4 (The Message), "It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation; it takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies."

No, this isn't going to be a blog about making my house look pretty - at least not pretty on the OUTSIDE. But, I'm going to be working on getting my house
"pretty" on the SPIRITUAL side. I'm coming back from a pretty dark place in my life after losing 8 babies to miscarriage. This blog is about my journey back
to the Lord.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Psalm 26:5-6, 8-9


"God's love is meteoric, his loyalty astronomic, his purpose titanic, 
his verdicts oceanic. Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost; 
not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks." 
Psalm 36:5-6 (The Message)

and because I like both vers
ions, I'm going to put the NLT version here as well... (I couldn't decide which one I liked best. LOL)

"Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; 
your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. Your righteousness 
is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. 
You care for people and animals alike, O Lord. How precious is 
your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow 
of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, 
letting them drink from your river of delights. For you are the 
fountain of life, the light by which we see." (added verses 8-9 
because I just like this version so much!)

We can't even begin to comprehend how much God loves us!


No comments:

Post a Comment